14 December 2012

Entatech’s growth sees warehouse expansion

IT distributor Entatech is ending a successful 2012 with the announcement of their new warehouse expansion. Earlier this year the group decided to invest in the expansion of their current warehouse, which was previously expanded in 1997, at their premises in Stafford Park, Telford. The new space, which will provide Entatech with an extra 3000 pallet spaces, will enable the company to deal with the continuous growth in demand for the wide range of products distributed by Entatech. Up until recently, Entatech has had to utilise two off-site storage units to cope with the company’s growth and subsequent demand for storage space. Richard Morris, Entatech’s Warehouse Manager, said: “The last two years has seen a 60% growth in revenue, an increase in the number of vendors and a 50% increase in daily orders. We want to remain flexible to the needs of our customers and the supply chain and this new investment will remove the need for sourcing off-site storage areas, whilst also nurturing the continuous growth of Entatech as a whole.” The development, at a cost in excess of £1million, is being completed by Stourbridge based industrial and commercial construction specialists, C.C Contracting Ltd and is due for completion by early March 2013. Jon Atherton, Group Vice President, said: “This is not just new warehouse space – this is providing the company with 1000’s more picking bays for new products and suppliers. We’ll also benefit from a new loading bay, allowing us to receive additional deliveries, whilst also creating a new goods in area. On top of this we have also invested in the latest barcode technology and two Flexi Narrow-Aisle G4 forklift trucks. Overall we will be looking to employ 10 new staff, which is good news in today’s climate.” He concluded: “I’m confident that this investment will not only help us maintain fantastic customer service and delivery, but will also support Entatech as a whole as we continue to grow and develop our product range. 2012 has been a fantastic year for Entatech, and the finalisation of our new warehouse facility is just one of the many exciting plans we have in store for the company.” Contact entaonline.com

Entatech’s growth sees warehouse expansion Read More »

SIA supports Met Police in London-wide licensing crackdown

The Security Industry Authority supported law enforcement partners on Friday 7th of December as part of a Metropolitan Police crackdown. Operation Condor is aimed at combating illegal activity in the night time economy across all London boroughs. This is the latest police operation targeting those who flout licensing rules, including shops, pubs, clubs and unlicensed mini cabs. SIA investigators were on the ground or in control rooms to support police teams working in Hackney, Havering, Redbridge and Sutton. In total, 20 pubs, clubs and bars were visited with 82 individuals checked. Whilst the majority of those inspected were correctly SIA-licensed, a small number of offences were found. At Kosho Bar in Romford, the police found a man wanted on warrant for a serious assault. At a bar in Sutton, there are concerns regarding a door supervisor who may have been working unlicensed. Investigators will meet with the security supplier that holds the contract at the venue. At Elbow Room in Shoreditch, two door supervisors were issued with warnings for breaking SIA licence conditions, because they failed to notify the SIA of a change of their address. Final figures breakdown as follows: • In Hackney, 3 venues were visited.  9 individuals inspected. Two warnings issued. • In Havering, 3 venues were visited. 16 individuals inspected. One offence found. • In Redbridge, 7 venues were visited. 32 individuals inspected. No offences were found. • In Sutton, 7 venues were visited. 25 individuals inspected. One offence was found. Investigators are liaising with police in Southwark regarding a doorman found working with a revoked licence. Police in Greenwich carried out checks as part of Op Condor with no issues found. The SIA and the police are now carrying out on-going enquiries regarding all the issues found and prosecutions may follow. Dave Humphries, SIA Director Compliance, Intelligence and Communication said: “I’m pleased with the overall levels of compliance found as part of Operation Condor. The majority of security staff were deployed lawfully and we found only small pockets of non-compliance. The Met Police, like the SIA, want to ensure that London’s nightlife is such that the public can feel safe, whilst enjoying themselves in our city. “I would like to remind businesses that they may only deploy operatives in accordance with the law.  Buyers of security services also need to verify that their security providers are operating within the law. Using unlicensed security operatives can damage your business reputation and potentially leave you vulnerable to criminal charges.” Contact www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk

SIA supports Met Police in London-wide licensing crackdown Read More »

Bosch installs PA system at EDF’s Power Station

A very high quality public address (PA) system from Bosch Security Systems that provides clear and audible messages in the event of an emergency has been installed at a power station in the East Midlands to help ensure the safety and security of all staff and visitors across the site. EDF Energy’s Cottam Power Station is a coal-fired electricity generating station producing over 2,000MW of power, via four 500MW turbines, and located in Lincolnshire, East Midlands. The Cottam Site Operational Safety Team decided that the existing emergency siren system should be replaced with a Voice Evacuation and Emergency Broadcast system. It needed to conform to the Voice Alarm standard BS5839 (Part 8), using 100-volt loudspeaker distribution for full site coverage. It also had to have emergency call stations with microphone access, and be able to relay various operational and emergency messages as required. Nextronic, a specialist systems integrator for Bosch PAVA, systems was approached by the EDF Energy Project and Maintenance engineers, led by NeilBusby, to assess the requirements: “We needed an up-to-date voice alarm system that could alert staff in any emergency situation,” he says. Nextronic was tasked with the design,supply and commissioning of the system, as well as assisting in the sound coverage, and loudspeaker location design as Andy Smith, Managing Director says: “The EDF site personnel had previous experience of the Bosch Praesideo Emergency Broadcast system,” he says, “and recognised the benefits in terms of ease of configuration, expandability, sound quality and reliability. They were therefore keen to use the Bosch technology again.” “The Bosch Praesideo system has worked extremely well to date,” adds Neil. “Recently we had a situation where we needed to convey an important message to staff, and not only was it easy to use, but the audio clarity was very impressive.” Overall the PA/VA system has a 17,500w audio amplifier capacity, and has over 100 supervised loudspeaker circuits. The system connects to around 600 weatherproof horn loudspeakers, 300 internal loudspeakers andover 100 xenon beacons, with the loudspeaker cable totaling 27km. Praesideo is the world’s first fully digital public address and emergency sound system. With over 5,000 systems installed worldwide, it is the proven solution for essential public address and emergency voice evacuation needs. Contact www.boschsecurity.com  

Bosch installs PA system at EDF’s Power Station Read More »

Scroll to Top