The Winter 2011 edition of CCTV Image is packed with interesting features which are sure to be of interest to any practitioner of CCTV:
- How many CCTV cameras are there in the UK? We have a report by ACPO’s lead on CCTV which revises the figure down from 4.2 million to 1.85 million – a significant reduction in anyone’s book! For more on this story, read this article.
- Initially conceived as a three-camera High Street system, Chelmsford’s surveillance scope now encompasses a raft of forward thinking measures. More than three years on, Ian Drury revisits to see what else the scheme has up its sleeve.
- Also: How CCTV operators at Chelmsford saved a local journalist after a horrific late night attack and how it led to the immediate arrest of his attacker.
- How police liaison officers in the CCTV control room improve CCTV monitoring and policing while saving public money.
- Camera technology: the latest
- Education surveillance: improving safety and security on campus
- Talking shop with Simon Lambert
- And CCTV and crime research from Martin Gill
Download your copy of CCTV Image here. CCTV Image no.42 Winter 2011