Intersec will mark its return in 2022 with a new programme uniting global and regional leaders as they explore solutions for the rapidly evolving challenges facing the industry.
The 23rd edition of the flagship event, will be staged under the theme of ‘Uniting the World’s leading industry specialists for the safety & security of future generations.’ The extensive development of the show will see the best minds in the industry participate in the new 3-day conference program, with six industry pillars addressing the sector’s most vital issues and opportunities including the Global Security Leaders’ Summit, Protecting Future Connected Cities & Citizens Conference, Safeguarding Critical Infrastructure Conference, Agile First Responders Conference, Cyber Lab and a dedicated KSA Focus Day.
The conferences will feature over 500 speakers from more than 30 countries, more than 30 global case studies being presented, Executive Regional and International Government and Private Enterprise speakers will make for the most dynamic of industry conferences that will also include eminent speakers not seen before in the UAE.
Fire, Emergency, and frontline professionals have two industry specific conference pillars with a robust programme discussing the challenges facing the industry and future opportunities to build resilience through –The Agile First Responders Conference and Protecting Future Connected Cities and Citizens Conference. Vital discussions will drill down into the geopolitical and technological drivers of the challenges currently faced and how technology is driving new initiatives. Delegates from around the world will explore best practice, shared learnings and the latest innovations to identify future responses to emergencies that threaten local, national and regional security.
The Agile First Responders Conference will feature first-hand insights from leading figures involved in recent urban catastrophes, including the Beirut Port explosion and London’s Grenfell Tower disaster. The response to these events will be examined and include a closer look at resource optimisation and preparedness, as well as the wellbeing of first responders.
Contributing speakers are:
- Tim Briggs, Past President, Institution of Occupational Safety and Health
- Brigadier Khaled Al Hammadi, Director, Dubai Police Research Center Department
- Nagi Souaiby, Head of Emergency Department, Notre Dame Maritime Hospital
- Peter Van Gorp, Associate Technical Director, HKA
- Dr. Nahed Abdul Khaleq Monsef, Director of Strategy & Governance Department, Dubai Health Authority
- Graham Parker, CEO & IOSH Past President IOSH and Ambassador, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA)
Tim Briggs said: ‘‘When emergencies occur, all first responders, crisis communicators and local authorities have to cooperate in sharing information with the aim of reducing people’s vulnerability and increasing resilience, making sure everyone is giving out the same message.’’
The Protecting Future Connected Cities and Citizens Conference will convene global government and business leaders to share ideas and develop methodologies for the creation and maintenance of safe and resilient cities. The latest cutting-edge technologies and best practices from around the world will be showcased and the conference will also have demos and case studies on how to create safe venues.
Contributing speakers are:
- Jan Fox, Executive Director – Safe Communities, REACH Council for Safe Communities
- Tareque Choudhury, Vice President of Technology Risk & Enterprise Architecture, Dubai Airports
- Amjad Alata, Senior Manager, Security, HSE & Business Continuity, Emaar Entertainment
- Nathan Pierce, Programme Director of Sharing Cities & Head of Smart London Team, Greater London Authority
By examining real-life scenarios from Toronto, London and Japan, delegates will discuss the technologies needed to build the safe, connected, inclusive and resilient cities of the future. From emergency response systems, to leadership-in-crisis dynamics, citizen engagement strategies and the use of blockchain in urban management, the conference leave no stone unturned and will end with the SIRA Forum and a live Q&A, providing technical guidance and interpretations of new regulations within the Dubai Security Law.