17 February 2020

secon_ncov

SECON 2020 – Postponed due to Covid-19

Organisers of SECON 2020 in Kintex, Korea have made the decision to postpone the event in light of the Covid-19 virus outbreak in China. So far more than 40,000 people have been infected around the world, the vast majority inside China and two-thirds of them in Wuhan and surrounding Hubei province. There have been 910 deaths, all but two of them in mainland China. Chinese data of about 17,000 cases shows 82% of cases are deemed mild. The data also shows that only 15% of the cases are severe and 3% are deemed critical. Overall, the WHO said less than two percent of patients infected with the virus have died, mostly due to multiple organ failures in elderly people and those with underlying health issues. The event is has been rescheduled by the show organisers, UMB BN Co. Ltd., for July 6-8, Kintex, Korea. Below is the official statement from the show organisers which is also posted on the event website. It read:- SECON 2020 SHOW POSTPONEMENT UBM BN Co. Ltd., the fair manager of SECON 2020 originally scheduled for 18-20 March 2020 has made the reluctant decision to reschedule the event to 6-8 July at Kintex, Korea. The decision is taken after careful consideration and close consultations with stakeholders following the concerns and uncertainties arising from travel disruptions and other circumstances due to the COVID-19 situation. We seek the understanding of participants and the international buyers who had looked forward to attending the show in March and regret any inconvenience. The safety of our customers and our staff is always our top priority. As such, we are taking precautions and safety measures as recommended by the local government authorities as well as the World Health Organization (WHO) seriously. UBM BN Co., Ltd., will continue to work closely with all participants to ensure the success of SECON 2020 on 6-8 July. “We wish to thank each and every customer who has supported us on SECON and greatly appreciate your patience and understanding. We look forward to seeing you again in this coming event. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns. SECON &eGISEC 2020 Secretariat Tel: +82-2-6715-5400 or Email: global@seconexpo.com For more security news visit here.

SECON 2020 – Postponed due to Covid-19 Read More »

SECON 2020

SECON 2020 – Postponed due to Covid-19

Organisers of SECON 2020 in Kintex, Korea have made the decision to postpone the event in light of the Covid-19 virus outbreak in China. So far more than 40,000 people have been infected around the world, the vast majority inside China and two-thirds of them in Wuhan and surrounding Hubei province. There have been 910 deaths, all but two of them in mainland China. Chinese data of about 17,000 cases shows 82% of cases are deemed mild. The data also shows that only 15% of the cases are severe and 3% are deemed critical. Overall, the WHO said less than two percent of patients infected with the virus have died, mostly due to multiple organ failures in elderly people and those with underlying health issues. The event is has been rescheduled by the show organisers, UMB BN Co. Ltd., for July 6-8, Kintex, Korea. Below is the official statement from the show organisers which is also posted on the event website. It read:- SECON 2020 SHOW POSTPONEMENT UBM BN Co. Ltd., the fair manager of SECON 2020 originally scheduled for 18-20 March 2020 has made the reluctant decision to reschedule the event to 6-8 July at Kintex, Korea. The decision is taken after careful consideration and close consultations with stakeholders following the concerns and uncertainties arising from travel disruptions and other circumstances due to the COVID-19 situation. We seek the understanding of participants and the international buyers who had looked forward to attending the show in March and regret any inconvenience. The safety of our customers and our staff is always our top priority. As such, we are taking precautions and safety measures as recommended by the local government authorities as well as the World Health Organization (WHO) seriously. UBM BN Co. Ltd., will continue to work closely with all participants to ensure the success of SECON 2020 on 6-8 July. “We wish to thank each and every customer who has supported us on SECON and greatly appreciate your patience and understanding. We look forward to seeing you again in this coming event. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns. SECON &eGISEC 2020 Secretariat Tel: +82-2-6715-5400 or Email: global@seconexpo.com For more security news visit here.

SECON 2020 – Postponed due to Covid-19 Read More »

BAES School STEM

School STEM show hits the road

Opening the eyes of young people to the career possibilities of studying science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) subjects, the annual BAE Systems schools roadshow has kicked-off at The Belvedere Academy in Liverpool. With a continued shortage of engineering skills in the UK and lack of diversity across the engineering sector, the roadshow aims to inspire young people across the country, highlighting the exciting career opportunities on offer and how these relate to STEM subjects. Marking its 15th anniversary, this year’s show focuses on energy and the importance it plays in everyday life, from new ways to harness natural sources, to how the human body converts food into kinetic and thermal energy. Steve Fogg, Managing Director, Shared Services, BAE Systems, said: “Inspiring the next generation of young people to consider engineering must start at school. With STEM underpinning much of what we do in the modern world, the schools roadshow brings to life its importance and highlights to young people the exciting, and sometimes surprising, career opportunities that are available. “At BAE Systems, we’re proud of the role we’re playing to help address the UK skills gap and by working alongside government, the education sector and industry partners, we are committed to developing the highly skilled workforce of the future.” The roadshow is our flagship education programme and will visit around 450 schools across the length and breadth of the UK this year. Since its launch in 2005, the roadshow has visited 3,700 schools and been seen by 850,000 young people. Employing more than 34,000 people in the UK and with a significant presence in the North of England, BAE Systems are one of the country’s largest employers of engineers, with around 66% of staff employed in engineering or engineering-related roles. BAE Systems invested more than £100 million in education, skills and early careers activities in the UK in 2018 and have around 2,000 apprentices in training at any given time. This year, we are recruiting 800 apprentices across the UK, with more than 70% of these roles based in the North in our Air and Submarines businesses. As a member of Movement to Work which aims to tackle youth unemployment by providing vocational training and work experience, BAE Systems offer 98 placements every year and since 2014, nearly 500 young people have participated, with more than one third gaining employment within the company. For more security news visit here.

School STEM show hits the road Read More »

Pattonair

Pattonair gains cyber security accreditation

Global aerospace and defence supply chain specialist, Derby based Pattonair, has reinforced its data credentials after achieving an internationally recognised security standard. Pattonair has secured the ISO27001 certificate, an internationally recognised standard that helps organisations manage their information security processes while optimising costs. The achievement serves as a boost for Pattonair’s information security standing, following its significant merger with US-based Wesco Aircraft Holdings. Pattonair/Wesco President Wayne Hollinshead, said: “We’re pleased to have bolstered our reputation with this internationally recognised standard. It means we can be confident we are prioritising information security and the continual improvement of the protection mechanisms we have in place. “It also comes at a time when we are undergoing a huge structural change that will serve to expand our scale and reach worldwide. “Many of our clients expect ISO27001 as standard, so they can rest assured that we are handling their data in a secure manner.” Pattonair achieved its latest accreditation in the space of one year, adding to its growing reputation for setting the industry benchmark in information security and environmental efficiency. In 2017, the business, which works with huge names, such as Rolls-Royce and BAE Systems, was praised for its efforts in reducing waste in its UK operations, achieving the ISO14001 standard for environmental performance. “These accreditations serve to enhance and extend our reach among some biggest brands in the world,” added Wayne, who is president of the new Pattonair/Wesco entity. “Our teams have done such a tremendous job in tackling our business efficiency benchmarks across a wide range of criteria, driven by our commitment to delivering quality, value and performance to every customer.” Pattonair is the aerospace and defence industry’s leading global supply chain service provider, that has built and maintained a reputation of excellence and innovation in the sector for almost 50 years. For more security visit here.

Pattonair gains cyber security accreditation Read More »

Secured by Design supporting Met’s Operation Venice team

Secured by Design supporting Met’s Operation Venice team

Secured by Design, the UK’s national police crime prevention initiative, will be supporting the Metropolitan Police at one of the biggest motorcycle shows in the country last week. The Met’s Operation Venice team, who tackle scooter, moped and motorcycle crime, will have a stand at the MCN Carole Nash Motorcycle Show at the ExCel Exhibition Centre. Officers will be engaging with members of the public and vehicle owners who visit their stand to talk about how they can better protect their vehicles and what the Met is doing to tackle scooter, moped and motorcycle enabled crime. Chief Inspector Jim Corbett, Operation Venice, said: “We are at the show because we want to prevent scooter theft and the show is the perfect opportunity for us to talk to the riding community and raise awareness and prevent these vehicles being stolen.” Visitors to the stand will be able to enter a prize draw, with the chance to win motorcycle security products which are accredited by Secured by Design, having achieved Police Preferred Specification. Secured by Design work closely with manufacturers, standards and certification bodies to ensure that their publicly available standards actually meet the needs of the police and public alike.   Products must be subject to rigorous testing and additionally be fully certificated by an independent, third-party certification body accredited by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) before being allowed to carry the Secured by Design logo – this is the only way for companies to obtain police accreditation for security-related products in the UK. The Met will also be promoting their ‘Be Safe’ campaign, with the ‘Lock, Chain, Cover’ message reminding bike owners of the importance of using all three methods to protect their vehicles and deter moped enabled crimes in London. As part of the campaign, the Met have launched an animated ‘Lock, chain, cover’ video based on a number of real life situations and crime reports that officers have successfully investigated. It shows how a stolen scooter can be used to commit multiple crimes around London affecting several victims. The video ends with the use of tactical contact and officers asking members of the public to lock, chain and cover their bikes to make their vehicles more secure. In many cases, owners have inadequate security or no security at all on their scooters, making it easy for thieves to steal them and then use them to commit multiple snatch and robbery offences. Security measures alone cannot guarantee two-wheeled vehicles will not be stolen, but every step taken makes them less attractive to a thief. For more security news visit here.

Secured by Design supporting Met’s Operation Venice team Read More »

Cobwebs Technologies

Cobwebs Technologies opens London office

Cobwebs provides intelligence agencies, law enforcement agencies and corporate security teams with a high-powered and multi-functional machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) powered web intelligence and investigation platform. Designed by intelligence experts with extensive operational experience, it rapidly identifies and locates malicious threat actors on the surface, deep and dark webs. Jonathan Clayman, Country Manager of Cobwebs Technologies, said: “We’re excited about the opportunities for Cobwebs in England, where we can assist British law enforcement and intelligence agencies and companies to protect their businesses, people and assets. In high-risk situations, rapid access to accurate data is crucial. The challenge for many in the security and risk fields is figuring out how to best navigate through the surface, deep and dark webs to locate threat actors and discover the data needed to solve a crime. Cobwebs provides investigators with a multifunctional online intelligence and investigative tool that addresses this problem effectively.” Investigators only need one small lead such as a name, photograph, keyword, hashtag, cryptocurrency wallet or social media account, to start the process. After they enter the term in the Cobwebs platform, with a click they initiate a rapid, deep search through open-source information located on all layers of the web and all social media platforms and blogs around the world. Working similarly to an Internet search engine, the platform finds information data that matches the search term requirements, then analyses and displays it on an intuitive user dashboard. “While the system displays all collected data, it does not determine if the data is valid evidence. Rather it points users toward potential evidence and leaves it up to the investigators to determine if the information is relevant to the case they are working on and if it is, in fact, usable evidence,” explained Clayman. “Cobwebs also gives investigators the ability to identify who the threat actors are and how they are connected to other people in their group. They can obtain a deeper understanding of people who may be associated with the threat actor but not necessarily an active member of their group. They can identify new threats, proactively prevent incidents, and/or rule out irrelevant information.” In any investigation time is always an issue. “Cobwebs significantly accelerates the investigative process without compromising accuracy. The platform cuts days, weeks and in some cases months, off a case,” said Clayman. “With this capability, investigators can identify perpetrators and prevent terror attacks, protecting infrastructure, businesses, and reputations.” High-powered intelligence, natural language processing and fully automated online search capabilities make the Cobwebs platform ideal for delivering specific investigative components required by law enforcement, national security agencies, anti-terror units, immigration, cyber authorities and border control entities in the government sector. In the private sector, Cobwebs is suited for corporate security teams, financial services markets and security departments protecting Britain’s critical infrastructure. In 2019, Frost & Sullivan presented Cobwebs Technologies with its Global Technology Innovation Award in the web intelligence market. Cobwebs has established offices in Singapore and New Delhi and recently opened an office in New York City.   For more security news visit here.

Cobwebs Technologies opens London office Read More »

Scroll to Top