Zaun, your trusted manufacturing partner for sports and physical perimeter security presents an exclusive company profile
As the only in-house British manufacturer of woven and rigid mesh fencing systems, Zaun has an enviable history in protecting assets, property, events, and people around the globe. Since its beginnings 27 years ago in 1996, Zaun has worked across major sectors and projects that have helped define physical security in the United Kingdom and beyond, helping to make it your trusted manufacturing partner for sports and physical perimeter security.
How Zaun became a leader in physical security
Zaun has been at the heart of a number of major projects since it was formed in 1996, its decision to purchase its own woven and welded mesh-making machines back in 2003 formed part of the bid to be the primary fencing manufacturer for the London 2012 Olympic Games and Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games. Zaun has always been driven by innovation.
In January 2013, Zaun was the first company in the world to design a single-skin fencing system that became tested and certified to LPS 1175 B3 (SR2). HiSec Super 10 has allowed real-world savings on projects where the 30% reduction in installation costs and the reduced steel in the single skin compared to a double skin 358 fencing system have enabled sites to be protected against the latest threats that may have otherwise been prohibitive with security budgets.
Innovation hasn’t stopped with just one product, over the years Zaun has developed an ever-increasing range of physical security solutions that provide the latest in physical threat mitigation. Whether this is from people or vehicles, the core principles remain the same, to offer protection through innovation. These are assured through third-party systems such as ISO 9001, LPS 1175, Secured by Design, Approved for Government Use (NPSA), and PAS 68.
As a proud member of Made in Britain, Zaun helps to support and generate social value through the employment of a local workforce that adds wider financial and nonfinancial value back into the area creating social capital. Driving British manufacturing around the world, and demonstrating why the United Kingdom is leading the way in physical perimeter security.
Our Future is Green
Being Green at Zaun isn’t about Green Washing to look good. Zaun takes an active position to improve their carbon reduction through schemes that make a difference to their production, products, staff, and the wider environment. These include:
- Electric Fork Lift Vehicles across all sites
- 500 New Solar Panels installed to create peak net energy-positive production for our in-house mesh machine
- Employee EV Scheme
- Electric Chargers for Staff and Visitors
- 97% of all factory waste diverted from landfill
- 100% of all scrap metal is recycled and put back into manufacturing
- Reducing Embodied Carbon by Manufacturing in-house
- Fleet of all-electric company vehicles
- Education of staff on their impact on the environment
- Investment in a new factory heating system to radiant heating to reduce gas consumption
- Investment in low-energy lighting throughout the factory
- Investment in extraction and air-cleaning in the factory to improve air quality and reduce heat loss through ventilation.
- Shift from hydraulic to electric punches to reduce energy use and improve efficiency.
Zauns continued investment in greener manufacturing processes and systems are enabling the latest in problem-solving and innovation. At the same time, their approach to ‘The Right People in the Right Places’ puts both the customer experience at the heart of the business and protecting the planet at the forefront of the manufacturing of high-security solutions.
Read more exclusives and news in our latest issue here.