IFSEC has officially revealed the IFSEC Global influencers in Security 2022 list on their website here.
Chosen based on nominations judged by a panel of highly respected judges, the influencers span several categories (six specifically for security), with nominees and winners coming from across the globe.
We defined ‘influence’ in the following ways:
- Someone who has played a key role in driving technological innovation
- Someone who has been a driving force in changing regulation, standards/guidance or best practice
- Someone whose insights/opinions are widely respected and which are influential in shaping debate around industry issues
- Someone who has been instrumental in the success of the organisation or business they lead or are employed by
- Someone who has helped to raise the industry’s profile or been an influential voice in the national media
The process consisted of two stages. First, we invited nominations from the IFSEC Global audience and beyond. Then, a panel of judges, drawn from across the industries and barred from featuring in the list themselves, assigned points to each nomination based on the persuasiveness of the nomination, their research into the nominee and their own knowledge of the nominee’s contributions to their field. The judges were also permitted to submit a limited number of nominations themselves, which were then scored by the other judges.
Some categories have different numbers of influencers compared to others, which reflects the number and quality of nominations submitted for this year’s process.
We’d like to thank Grant Lecky, co-founder of the Security Partners Forum, for his tireless efforts as lead judge – for the sixth year in a row. Grant, who himself featured in IFSEC Global’s list of top influencers in 2014 and 2017, appointed the panel of security judges (which you can view here) and coordinated the nominations and judging process. Thanks also to Bonnie Butlin, co-founder of the Security Partners Forum and number one in 2017’s international thought leader rankings, for helping to coordinate the process.
We’d also like to thank everyone who submitted a nomination, and congratulate all those who were nominated, whether they are named here or not – both the quality and quantity of entries was extremely high this year. It is quite clear the passion so many of the professionals involved in security and fire safety hold for their respective sectors, and the IFSEC Global Influencer awards are designed to recognise the commitments from individuals across the globe, as widely as possible.
Only those nominated were eligible for the judging process. It is also worth noting that there is occasional crossover between some of these categories (for example, end users and security executives). To be clear, each category is as prestigious as each other, and individuals selected in the categories were purely based on their nominated category.
IFSEC Global Security & Fire Influencers 2022 – the categories
- Commercial Security – Security Executives
- Commercial Security – Association Figures/Academics/Thought Leaders
- Commercial Security – End users (including some Security Directors/Heads of Security)
- Cyber Security Professionals
- Commercial Security – Manufacturers/Vendors/Integrators/Installers
- One to Watch – Security
To view the official list please see the IFSEC website here.
For more IFSEC updates, check out our May issue here.
Rebecca Morpeth Spayne,
Editor, Security Portfolio
Tel: +44 (0) 1622 823 922