Micron Technology, Inc., have reaffirmed its three-decade commitment to the industrial market with the introduction of its Industrial Quotient (IQ) Partner Program.
Backed by Micron and other founding members such as Advantech, ATP Electronics, Greenliant, Innodisk, Kontron, Mercury Systems and Viking Technology, Micron’s IQ partner program promotes design solutions that deliver high-quality, robust and long-lasting products across a breadth of industrial applications such as factory automation, transportation and defence systems.
The industrial internet of things (IIoT) continues to transform the world of manufacturing at a rapid pace. This change extends automation and connectivity beyond traditional factory walls and drives demand for more data acquisition, communication, real-time analytics and data-driven decisions across a wide range of industrial verticals. The IQ partner program addresses the need for greater coordination and collaboration across the supply chain, which is required for designing today’s industrial solutions.
Five Tenets of Micron’s IQ Matters Program
With more than three decades of leadership in developing memory solutions for the industrial market, Micron launched the IQ Matters Program in 2017, which forms the basis for the new IQ partner program. Micron’s programme is built around five key tenets of design support that facilitate the creation of industrial products and deliver sustainable lower total cost of ownership (TCO) to Micron’s customers and the industry as a whole:
- Ruggedised product enhancements to enable consistent performance across extreme environments, such as extended temperatures, thermal cycling, shock and humidity.
- Design and testing processes to add a high level of endurance and reliability to align with needs of long-lifecycle embedded applications.
- Extensive and rigorous quality testing to deliver consistent performance across products and processes necessary in embedded and mission-critical applications.
- Extended lifecycle support for eligible products via Micron’s Product Longevity Program, which goes a step beyond standard lifecycle support to suit long-life applications.
- In-depth understanding of use cases to deliver products and features optimised for specific application needs.
Kris Baxter, vice president of marketing for the Embedded Business Unit at Micron, said: “The broad and growing deployment of IIoT applications makes choosing the right industrial memory and storage solutions more critical for embedded applications. The IQ partner program gives our industrial customers confidence that they are choosing the best products and minimising the total cost of ownership for their IIoT designs. These selections not only help meet the functional requirements of tomorrow’s industrial solutions, but they also ensure long-term reliability and quality with simplified product lifecycle management.”
Micron memory and storage solutions remain the industry’s top choice across a variety of IIoT applications including industrial PCs (IPC), factory automation, surveillance, machine-to-machine (M2M), retail, digital signage, smart grid, fleet management and health care, as well as aerospace and defence. Members of Micron’s IQ partner program are committed to the development and delivery of robust industrial solutions that are optimised for the increasing demands and expectations for these critical applications.
For more security news visit here.