Secured by Design member company Bandit UK are highlighting the crime prevention credentials of their Bandit Fogging System as a proven 24/7 deterrent and defence mechanism against both burglaries and robberies.
During the last ten years across thousands of shops throughout the UK and the Republic of Ireland which have the Bandit Fogging System installed, the Fog Bandit has successfully thwarted 51 robberies without any injuries to the people exposed to what is typically a most frightening experience. More importantly NO activation failures have ever been experienced, proving the incredible dependability of the Bandit system.
The majority of cases have seen no stock losses, or just minor losses. These incidents have taken place across the UK including in Hampshire, West Sussex, Surrey, London, Middlesex, Hertfordshire, Berkshire, Birmingham, Cambridgeshire, Lancashire, Cheshire, Yorkshire and Glasgow.
Confidence in the Fog Bandit, knowing that the system will work instantly when required, has helped empower staff to protect themselves and their businesses by creating an element of control in an otherwise control-less and shocking encounter. The Bandit UK Team applaud the staff during all of these incidents for acting promptly in initiating the Fog Bandit and forcing the raiders to leave their shops.
This consistent success at foiling robberies has been achieved by establishing and maintaining the following objectives, as a best practise approach:
- Highly visible Fog Bandit deterrent warning notices on public display
- Creating a curtain of fog in seconds in areas where assets are displayed
- Instantly breaking the raiders eye contact and threat to staff
- Quickly pushing the raider out of the premises
- Rapidly removing the criminal’s access to assets and has negated or minimized stock loss & damage to property.
Bandit UK aim to communicate a clear deterrent message to the criminal fraternity, namely that targeting premises with a Fog Bandit system installed is a fruitless exercise and heightens the likelihood of being caught.
Lyn Poole, Secured by Design, said: “I have known about Bandit since 2005 and have had the experience of being in a room when one was set off – no, I wasn’t attempting to rob anywhere! – thanks to a demo being delivered to a group of crime prevention officers in the Metropolitan Police by Bandit UK. It’s a great product and can stop offenders in their tracks and I’m thrilled it’s still one of our SBD Police Preferred Specification accredited products.”
‘What can’t be seen, can’t be stolen’
The state-of-the-art Bandit is the fastest security fogging system of its kind in the world. When sensors detect an intruder (overnight protection) or a personal alarm is raised (daytime protection) the Bandit’s patented high-pressure system INSTANTLY delivers a dense, visually impenetrable fog at the incredible rate of 28 cubic metres per second, projecting it 6 metres in the first 2 seconds alone. An average sized shop, office or showroom of 140 cubic metres takes just 5 seconds to fill.
The same Bandit unit can be used for 24/7 risk applications. Daytime robbery deterrent is achieved by deploying a short controlled activation to create a fog curtain between the raider and the staff and/or goods. Overnight protection is achieved via a longer activation filling the entire area with impenetrable fog where valuable stock, equipment and other contents can be obscured from sight, thus protecting them from the possibility of theft or damage, until the authorities arrive.
The benefits of installing a Bandit……
- The FASTEST way to help protect your assets from theft
- Dual function 24/7 protection from the same unit
- Protects against the possibility of internal damage to property
- Helps keep insurance loss claims to a minimum
- Deters intruders from further attempts
- Fog is harmless, leaves no residue, so is safe to use in any environment
- Considerable cost, time and effort can be saved, disruption to business is reduced to a minimum and normal trading can be quickly resumed.
For more news updates, check out our June issue here.
Rebecca Morpeth Spayne,
Editor, Security Portfolio
Tel: +44 (0) 1622 823 922